The Quinta da Ria
Located within the Ria Formosa Natural Park, this 18-hole golf course offers amazing views overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and the beach of Cacela Velha, which recently has been awarded amongst one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Right from the start of the round, you will be able to recognize the work and design of a world renowned Golf Course Architect – Rocky Roquemore.
The idea of the architect was to create a challenging golf course, yet maintaining the original natural landscape with thousands of ancient olive and carob trees.
Boasting five lakes dotted within flat terrain, the two sets of 9 holes contain a mixture of par’s trees, fours and fives. One of the most iconic points at Quinta da Ria is the 17th hole, which has a small island on the lake, now a sanctuary of endangered rare birds.
When playing this course, take a moment to appreciate the huge variety of wild life that inhabits this area.
- Holes: 18
- Opening date: March 2002
- Par 72
- Architect: Rocky Roquemore
- Length: 6.053 m
- Grass type: Bent Crenshaw (Fairways, Tees and Greens)
- PGA Europro Tour in 2003 and 2004 / Portugal Algarve Seniors Open 2005
- European Seniors Tour Qualifying / School in 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Portugal Algarve Ladies Open 2008
- BMW Golf Cup International 2008
- Algarve Pro Golf Tour 2017